Monday, October 11, 2010

"Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance"

I'm finally starting to plan and organize some of the project ideas
i've had in my head since arriving at site. I met with my village
chief to fill him in and got his support and approval. This week, i
meet with the village elders to do the same and send them out to start
spreading the word and moblizing the people. I'm using them like my
little minions (in a good way)! So, my first goal it to start a market
day. This is like a farmer's market where fruits and veggies are sold.
That will hopefully start moving some pesa around in the community.
Then getting some goat and chicken raising groups started for income
generating activities. Then getting the youth more active with
community service type work, a salon club for girls in the secondary
school, and having open forums for youth to ask any and all questions.
I'm hoping to also start an offical HIV/AIDS Support group here along
with a list of other things! I'm happy to say i have amazing support
in my village, so one of these ideas is bound to work!
Xoxo

--
Sent from my mobile device

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh thats why you wanted to know what that saying was haha. Good job on all that planning.
    I voted officially for you NOT to cut your hair. I love your long hair, and am not really down with bald chicks. So hopefully everyone else comes to their senses on this poll

    ReplyDelete