Friday, May 28, 2010

Training has begun!

Hello Everyone!
My training has started in Kenya. It's lot of rules and regulations. Language classes have started also for KiSwahili. We will be learning were our site will be next wednesday. After that we will transition to learning the tribal language. Weather is great here. It rained for the first time here today. It was similar to hawaii rain where it was light but got heavy at times. We went into Nairobi tonight for dinner and a drink. It was a bit scary because they call it Nairobbery. But we were definitely safe and had a nice time. We head to our training site tomorrow and I won't know how much internet access we will have. And I get to meet and start living with my Host family on Sunday. Things are busy here but we have time for fun too. We played ultimate Frisbee yesterday and the soccer game got rained out today.

Notice to anyone wanting to send me packages!!!!!! Please do so ASAP because for my first 90 days I don't have to pay taxes on packages to get them. After 90 days it's very very expensive!! Send to the address on the blog and they will forward it to my training site. A package is considered anything other than a letter.

Kwaheri! (goodbye)
LA

No comments:

Post a Comment