Thursday, June 3, 2010

I'm here in Loitokitok!!

So we don't really have internet access here in Loitokitok. I'm at an internet cafe right now. Training is going well. We are learning the language Ki Swahili. And yesterday we found out where we are going. I'm going to the coast! To a place called Jilore near Malindi. Check it out online! It's going to be hot and humid there! Sticking with the same language and I'll be working in a dispensary doing health education to my 5,000 people village. I'm nearby 4 other volunteers so it should be nice. It very beautiful here too! Mt. Kili is huge and it's in our backyards. My host family is very nice and very excited to have a Mzungu (white person). My Mama is very nice and wants to teach me everything!

Hope all is well over there. I miss everyone and home a lot but things are busy here. Will update when I can but it will be spaced out!


xoxo

5 comments:

  1. You're really doing it! I'm so proud of you Lee Ann and love reading your blog! Embrace and remember every moment! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know wjy my status says "jeana is my savior...must have done something like that a looonnnggg time ago and not sure how to fix...but is Bonnie! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be reading with fascination, Lee Ann. I wish you the best of luck and Tucson, AZ misses you. Jean and Anna Your Europe traveling friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jambo! hey booo im so excited for u!! Hope you get to take some amazing pictures of your adventures and I just wanted to let you know that I am so proud of you for goin on this adventure and helping people! love u lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee Ann! I regret not being able to see you before you left, but I plan to stay updated through your blog! I hope your experience is everything you wish for. You will be a different person the next time we see each other and I can't wait to hear about all the things you will do. Much love and admiration my friend.

    ReplyDelete