Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Beach corps is back....

Sorry! I found out that my blogs weren't posting! I got it to
work...hopefully. Things are going well here. I'm at my site and
getting to know the basics. I live in a 3 bedroom house with tap water
and a flushing toliet. (that's for the zutzs) Electricty is supposed
to be coming soon. Almost had it all! Could use some paint and
attention so that is what i'll be working on in my freetime. Observed
two health talks put on by my counterpart. The kids here know more
about health issues than most adults in the states. Nick and i went to
Diani beach around mombasa this weekend. It's the hawaii of kenya and
many british gap year kids vacation there. We are spending this week
in malindi for the referendum that happened today. Most results are
coming back with a strong yes. It rained every morning this week which
means we had to wait to go to the beach till the afternoon...what a
hassle! Got an address! PO BOX 5905 malindi, kenya. No zip...they just
know. I get taxed on packages so don't make them too heavy.
xoxo

--
Sent from my mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment